UWC Mashauri Spring Venture Accelerator
The UWC Mashauri Spring 2017 Venture Accelerator is a customised programme for post-graduate students at the University of the Western Cape to assist them in moving their research projects towards commercialisation.
The UWC Mashauri Spring 2017 Venture Accelerator is the UWC’s centre for innovation and entrepreneurship programme for post graduate entrepreneurs where they are supported in moving their research ideas towards commercialisation.
Creating a new business can be a life-changing experience for you and potentially all your future customers and employees. However, the road is not easy and requires knowledge, dedication and plenty of hard work.
UWC have launched this programme to give their entrepreneurs the necessary knowledge, skills and guidance to get going on the journey – the dedication and hard work will be up to you!
Apply for the programme at: Spring 2017 Venture Accelerator Application before 19 September 2017 (midnight)
By the end of the Venture Accelerator programme, you will have developed, tested and validated your business idea in the market. If the test is positive, you will be ready to take the next steps in building a business model and the first demonstrable product (called a minimum value product) to customers.
Even if your initial idea proves not to be viable, you will have learned how to get going with starting a new business and have a tool-set and process to help you try out the next idea!
Programme details: outcome and objectives
At the end of the programme, you will have developed a real business idea that has been market tested and you will have learned the right way to go about designing and developing a new business idea.
- You will have undergone an entrepreneurial readiness assessment and been exposed to some of the pro’s and con’s of entrepreneurship
- You will have established your personal purpose for wishing to start a new business venture
- You will have identified and evaluated a number of possible business ideas including at least one idea related to your own research project
- You will have selected and defined a venture idea to pursue based on a clear set of criteria
- You will have analysed the market and competitive landscape surrounding your business idea
- You will have selected an initial target market and identified a customer type
- You will have developed a value proposition appropriate for your target market
- You will have tested the value proposition with real customers
- You will have made a movie of yourself pitching your business idea.
- You will be part of a supportive, network of like-minded entrepreneurs
No Reviews found for this course.