Destiny by design – an introduction to entrepreneurship
Do you want to start your own business and become a millionaire – or simply find out what entrepreneurship is all about and take the first steps in becoming one?
Either way, this course is for you.
Many of us were brought up being taught that we should find a good job, do it well and we will be successful. But there are some key flaws to that thinking:
- It is not always easy to find any job – never mind a good one
- If you do find one, success is far from guaranteed and most companies loyalty to their employees does not extend beyond the next economic downturn
- For most of us success is not defined as working for someone else form 9 to 5, 5 days a week and 20 days of holiday a year
There is another story. One that is based on designing your own destiny, not have someone do it for you on their terms. That story is called entrepreneurship.
This course has been designed to introduce you to the concept of entrepreneurship and highlights the benefits (and challenges) of starting your own business. It guides you along the first steps in that journey: developing a winning business idea based on your own needs, competencies and market demand.
When you have finished this programme, you will understand what being an entrepreneur is all about and you will have a clear idea as to what business you want to build.
What’s more, you will have taken that first, all important step to being an owner of your own, successful business.
By the end of the course, you will:
- understand what it takes to be an entrepreneur and control your own destiny
- have assessed your own ability to be an entrepreneur.
- have selected a sound business idea to develop into a new venture.
- Based on your exposure to top entrepreneurs discussing their experiences, you will decide whether or not you wish to undertake the journey.
- You will set your overall purpose and goals for your new venture which can then be used to continually direct you in the process
- You will learn the right way to go about selecting a business concept and use this knowledge to select a new venture idea that is right for you, but also reflects the realities of the market.
Developed in conjunction with False Bay College: Centre of Entrepreneurship | Rapid Incubator
No Reviews found for this course.